Winter is approaching. And you know what that means… yes, ladies. It’s time to pull out your heavy-duty moisturizers and begin the battle against dry skin. But, don’t you dare panic! This season, your struggle is going to be a lot more successful. Follow these tips below to conquer your seasonal dry skin!
1. Don’t dry scrub any patches of dry skin! While dry scrubbing is a great thing to do for your body, it can agitate any patches of dry skin you have
2. Apply coconut oil to your skin every night. If you’re afraid of the oil clogging your pores, add a small amount to your daily mositurizer. Even if your dry skin problem area isn’t on your face, you can still use coconut oil to moisturize the rest of your body!
3. Stop showering with incredibly hot water in the winter! While it may feel super great because of the warmth, it’s what’s causing your severe dry skin. The hot water also damages your hair; showering in luke warm water can prevent dry skin and hair damage!
4. Drink more water! Granted you’re probably not as thirsty as you are in the summer, be part of the reason why your skin is so dry is because you’re a bit dehydrated.
5. Use oil based moisturizers! Moisturizers that have Vitamin C or E keep your skin moist for a longer period of time, compared to a water-based moisturizer.
6. Don’t forget to wear your chaptsick/lip balm.
7. Exfoliate twice a week to get rid of excess dead skin buildup!
8. Avoid acne treatments! Acne treatments dry your skin out and will leave your skin more dry than ever!